From: Marcio Luis Teixeira <marciot@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] system freeze emerging glibc-2.3.1-r2
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 07:31:02
1 On Saturday 04 January 2003 05:00 pm, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
2 > I am willing
3 > to bet that I would be much more successful without it, if only because it
4 > would stress my machine less and make it less likely to croak.
5
6 I was wrong... parellization had nothing to do with it.
7
8 I found the "MAKEOPS" variable in /etc/make.conf and set that to "-j1", but my
9 machine still froze solid on right after "ar_LY.ISO-8859-6... done". Now that
10 I have ruled out the parallel make, I'm wondering what this stage of the
11 install is doing that so reliably locks up my machine. Ebuilds of other
12 things seem to work fine. Any ideas as to what may be triggering the
13 freeze-up?
14
15 An workaround might be to only install the locale I need -- any ideas on how
16 to do this?
17
18 Marcio Luis Teixeira
21 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list