From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] New install fails to boot.
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 05:42:58
quoth the Joseph Jezak:
> > Again I rebooted, and all seems fine. It boots from a CD, it boots OS X > > just fine, but the one constant throughout all my attempts is that when > > trying to boot Linux, it prints this cryptic message and hangs: > > > > found display :/pci@0,f0000000/ATY,SimoneParent@10/ATX, Simone_B@1, > > opening... > > This issue is almost always a result of not including the proper > Framebuffer drivers. > > -Joe
Hi. I did make sure I included support for 'radeon framebuffer'. I noticed I did not include support for USB monitor, so that may have been the culprit. In any event, I am up and running now (thanks to the config I found at the wiki) so all is good! Just building kde now, and will attempt Xorg configuration tomorrow... -d -- darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..." - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972 -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list