From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] New install fails to boot.
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 05:42:58
1 quoth the Joseph Jezak:
2 > > Again I rebooted, and all seems fine. It boots from a CD, it boots OS X
3 > > just fine, but the one constant throughout all my attempts is that when
4 > > trying to boot Linux, it prints this cryptic message and hangs:
5 > >
6 > > found display :/pci@0,f0000000/ATY,SimoneParent@10/ATX, Simone_B@1,
7 > > opening...
8 >
9 > This issue is almost always a result of not including the proper
10 > Framebuffer drivers.
11 >
12 > -Joe
13
14 Hi.
15
16 I did make sure I included support for 'radeon framebuffer'. I noticed I did
17 not include support for USB monitor, so that may have been the culprit. In
18 any event, I am up and running now (thanks to the config I found at the wiki)
19 so all is good!
20
21 Just building kde now, and will attempt Xorg configuration tomorrow...
22
23 -d
24 --
25 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
26 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
27 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
28 --
29 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list