From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: jbschatz@×××××××××××.com, "J. B. Schatz" <jschatz@×××××××××××.com>, gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xfree-4.2.1-r2 fails
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:21:07
1 On January 24, 2003 11:44 am, J. B. Schatz wrote:
2 > xfree-4.2.1-r2 failed on compiling the update, complaining about too many
3 > {s vs. }s (or was it the reverse, can't recall). What a monster, haven't
4 > tried it again to nail down the location of the complaint but it was just
5 > at the finish. (I'm on a Rev.A iMac.)
6 >
7 > Has anyone else experienced the same thing?
8 >
9 > Also, I've experienced a few emerge -u failures in the past months on
10 > different packages on ppc but not on x86. Yet I don't recall a thread about
11 > this. Are others seeing the same problem a bit often?
12 >
13 > jbarry
14
15 This was seen before as well, I have an idea what it may be.
16
17 For future reference, you can usually find this info at bugs.gentoo.org ... if
18 you don't find a problem of the like, please open a bug with the specific
19 information, and include the output of "emerge info" command (no quotes).
20
21 Gerk
24 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list