From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] use small font like the one from openfirmware?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 07:31:36
Hello. I am interested in using the font as small as the one
openfirmware uses (e.g. when displaying the menu for yaboot). I thought
it could be as easy as removing the fb driver of my video card (ATI
Radeon 7500) and removing CONFIG_FONT* from kernel config, because in
the past working with sparc workstations, if I do the above, the font of
sparc's "BIOS" is used.

but it have no effect, the kernel boots with a font as big as before,
all the effect I have is I lost the ability to switch back to console
after starting X (Ctrl+Alt+F1 brings a blank screen).

Is it possible to use that small font for console?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] use small font like the one from openfirmware? Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>