From: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] ibm java sdk - jit
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:01:20
1 Hi,
2
3 Trying to compile ant with ibm-jdk-bin.
4 If jit is on, I get an illegal instruction...
5
6 Is the jit considered stable? I also remember someone saying that
7 he/she had to do a few fixes to get the jit working. What are those
8 fixes? Any web page / doc about gentoo/ppc/java? Google search failed.
9
10 Also,
11 1) I had to remove blackdown from virtual, otherwise ibm-jdk-bin 1.4 not
12 considered for dependencies... even if already installed. Portage always
13 trying to upgrade blackdown.
14 2) I had to manually change /etc//cpuinfo to /proc/cpuinfo in the jit
15 lib binary. The ebuild did not do it. Maybe there are a few other things to
16 be done to get it to work?
17
18 Thanks,
19 David