From: Anthony Knittel <neverforever@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] help with pcmcia wireless networking not reconnecting after sleep
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 02:52:01
1 Hi, I've tried posting about this on the forums but haven't gotten
2 anywhere, can anyone help with this problem?
3
4 I'm using a Netgear WG511T Atheros pcmcia card for wireless networking
5 on my G3 Pismo powerbook, i've got the networking set up ok but when
6 the laptop goes to sleep, eg when the lid is closed, the network card
7 gets powered down (lights are off when in sleep), and when the
8 computer is resumed from sleep the card is not connected any more,
9 when power comes back on it has one light lit on the network card. I
10 have to run "/etc/init.d/net.ath0 restart" as root every time i resume
11 from sleep.
12
13 I think in a previous incarnation of my set up (earlier packages,
14 earlier kernel) it would resume from sleep and be connected, but not
15 sure how it was set up at the time (card still on during sleep?).
16
17 Does anyone have any suggestions about what the problem is, how it
18 could be fixed, how its supposed to behave (is the pcmcia card meant
19 to be off in sleep or not?), or where to start looking for answers?
20
21 I'm running pbbuttonsd to handle sleeping, not running pmud (not
22 installed), there is no /etc/init.d/pcmcia script in my set up (is
23 there meant to be?).
24
25 Its very hard to figure out what the problem is because I have no idea
26 what is supposed to trigger network connection after resuming from
27 sleep, is there supposed to be a trigger in one of the scripts in
28 /etc/power that causes networking to be restarted? or does it
29 magically set up the connection again some other way?
32 thanks,
33 Anthony
37 But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me
38 sometimes.
39
40 (Gir)
41 --