From: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
To: "L. S." <lsearchw@××××××××××××.us>
Cc: "\\\\ \\\" \\\\ \\\"" <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Install
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:24:18
1 On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:30:23PM -0700, L. S. wrote:
2 > Okay. Well, here is where it gets fishy plus the emerge stuff with a stage 3 CD source:
3 > (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=6)
6 > So do I need to do the USE flags step? Isn't this for compilation (which I am assuming is done already)? Any quick coaching in this shady area would help since I just need a Linux running.
9 Hi,
10
11 The default USE flags are good enough for now. USE flags will dictate
12 how some options are used when you will install (i.e. compile) future
13 package. You can always play with them later.
14
15 David
16
17 ---