From: Olivier Reisch <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Flash plugin for ppc
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:20:49
Hello all,

Just like a lot among you, I long for a working Flash plugin for
PPC/Linux. Well, it now seems that swfdec 0.2.2 (
as of May 18th is able to handle at least some Flash6 web content on a
PPC based Mozilla.

I was able to display Flash animations just
fine with my setup, though it lacked sound. Also, it seems that Flash
navigation doesn't work yet, as wouldn't let
me navigate the site even with the plugin. But at least it didn't
display an annoying "missing plugin" msg or crash like previous swfdec

I believe this is at long last a true step into a fully working flash
player for ppc.

Olivier Reisch

Olivier Reisch                                 doctomoe@g.o
Gentoo PPC Developer