From: Birch Browning <bpb3199@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Re: What macs are supported?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:15:25
I have a working installation on my Old World Wallstreet powerbook. I had
a previous Yellow Dog 2.0 install on the main hardrive and am installing
on a removable
drive in the expansion bay.

So far I have just used my existing BootX set-up to boot (including the
same video driver set-up), but selecting the gentoo-ppc kernel and setting
root to /dev/hde9.

I imagine that you could use the bootable ydl cd-rom to set-up the network
and download the *.bz2 file, bunzip2 it on a formatted drive and start a
new install.

WARNING! Even after doing `emerge system', `emerge xfree' took most of the
night to compile.

Birch