From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] yaboot has kicked my butt - 5 times?!
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:23:53
The chroot is currently doing an emerge -e @world so I've shelled into the machine and am showing from that perspective. All the typical fsck programs are there and I rebuilt e2fsprogs a couple of days ago. livecd gentoo # ls /mnt/gentoo/sbin/fsck* fsck fsck.ext2 fsck.ext4 fsck.minix fsck.cramfs fsck.ext3 fsck.ext4dev livecd gentoo # When emerge -e @world completes I'll give it a reboot but somehow I don't have much faith that it will have fixed anything. Right now I feel it's either something missing from my kernel config, or some critical install step that I keep missing because of the way I read the document and maybe some step that listed inside a paragraph instead of being called out in purple like most of them are. (They are in there, like the locale-gen step and a few others...) I'll check back later when the rebuild is complete. Thanks! Cheers, Mark