From: Ben Ricker <ben.ricker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] date and time set to April 1976
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 02:18:15
1 Note that this can als indicate that the Mobo battery that keeps the time
2 synced when the power is off may be dead.
3
4 But try the hwclock stuff first.
5
6 On 2/13/06, Christophe Choumert <christophe.choumert@×××××××××××××.org>
7 wrote:
8 >
9 > On Monday 13 February 2006 13:36, Y-Lan Boureau wrote:
10 > > Does anyone know a fix to this -- either, how I could set correct time
11 > > and date in Open Firmware, or allow Linux to remember its own time and
12 > > date ?
13 >
14 > The relevant option is in /etc/conf.d/clock :
15 > ---
16 > # If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time
17 > # during shutdown, then say "yes" here.
18 >
19 > CLOCK_SYSTOHC="yes"
20 > ---
21 >
22 > followed by
23 > % rc-update add clock boot
24 > to make sure it runs at boot and halt.
25 >
26 > > cheers,
27 > > Y-Lan
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 > Christophe
31 >
32 > PS: my MacOS X won't boot anymore either, I wish I knew why.
33 > --
34 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
40 Ben Ricker
41 He's just this guy, you know?