From: Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi>
To: Gentoo Linux <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Stage3 tarball
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:42:20
1 On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Eric Pretorious wrote:
2 > I think that I've already got the allstages CD - gentoo-ppc-1.4_rc7-kde.
3 >
4 > It boots alright but there doesn't appear to be any kind of installer and
5 > the PPC instructions don't describe how to use the live CD - only how to
6 > use the stages CD's
7
8 That's because there is no installer (as such). The LiveCD is sort of a
9 stage3 CD with candy. You can play KGolf during install. I did, anyway. :)
10
11 Just pretend it's a stages CD and follow the PPC instructions: fdisk,
12 mount, make directories, unpack stages to disk, etc.
15 Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi> # http://iki.fi/markvall/
18 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list