From: nova@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with PowerBook G4
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:09:14
> Hello, I'm Sik and I want to ask you some questions: > > I have a PbG4 867MHz 12" (with a nvidia) and I can't have running the > airport and MOL. > Your TI-Book have a radeon or a nvidia? Because I only can take 8bits of > color with MOL and I can see any thing. > > The second one is about the airport, it's the old one 11Mbps?
1) it is a radeon (mobility?) either 7000 or 9200 (I forget) with 32 MB of VRAM. I got mol to work by reemerging it with the correct USE-flags set, then running molvconfig. MOL works at either 256(8bit) or thousands(16bit) of colors, but not millions. 2)Yes, it is the original airport, not extreme. There is a complicated precedure involving MOL that lets you use an extreme under linux that is detailed on the gentoo forums. nick -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list