From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xorg.conf for Mac G4 mini
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:35:24
1 Joseph Jezak wrote:
2 > David Friedlander wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello, all!
5 >>
6 >> I'm having the damnedest time getting X to run on my Mac Mini 1.25Ghz
7 >> (Radeon 9200 processor). I've wasted a lot of time following various
8 >> web instructions, but to no avail. One issue, of course, is the right
9 >> xorg.conf file. Another one may be (in some people's opinion is)
10 >> arguments to the Linux kernel/yaboot.
11 >>
12 >> I see on this list that there has been some discussion on this
13 >> subject. However, the configuration files that apparently were once
14 >> posted on web sites are no longer available.
15 >>
16 >> I wonder if anyone who has done this would be willing to part with the
17 >> sacred mysteries.
18 >>
19 >> David
22 > To begin with, as directed in the Gentoo PPC FAQ, make sure that you've
23 > set the correct framebuffer device. You can check which one you have set
24 > by running Xorgautoconfig --dump. If you could paste that info into a
25 > message, that would be helpful too. What exactly is the problem that
26 > you're having? Most machines actually configure themselves automatically
27 > now without an xorg.conf file.
28 >
29 > -Joe
32 Haha, I can tell it's been a while since I've helped people with X
33 issues. :) The application you should be using for X issues is "xac"
34 now, which replaced Xorgautoconfig. I wrote both of them, you'd think
35 I'd be able to keep it straight...
36
37 -Joe