From: Lloyd D Budd <lloyd@×××××××××××.com>
To: PPC Gentoo Users <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] /boot/System.map symlink?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:19:30
1 Hi,
2
3 In adding a newer kernel to my machine, I became a bit interested in
4 what System.map is. I found some discussions related to other Linux
5 distributions. As well as identifying the file name/location in
6 yaboot.conf, it seems desirable to have /boot/System.map symlink'ed to
7 the "current" System.map. This seems to be because some
8 "loggers/utilites" will look for it at this location.
9
10 Supposedly, Debian and possibly other distros take care of this
11 autmoatically.
12
13 Is this correct? Does someone have a solution?
14
15 Cheers,
16 Lloyd
20 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list