From: kahl@××××××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] -mabi=altivec in CFLAGS
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:11:02
1 On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 05:50:38PM +0300, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
2 > AFAIK, some packages (e.g., dev-cpp/eigen) can use AltiVec vectorization
3 > only when -mabi=altivec is specified in GCC flags.
4 >
5 > Is it safe to use -mabi=altivec in global CFLAGS in make.conf?
6
7 I've had that ever since I startd using PowerPC,
8 without any problems I that I would consider attributing to that.
11 > Does anybody know if the system will perform better or worse in average?
12
13 I did not do any comparisons.
16 Wolfram