From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Conflicting packages?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:09:09
1 I think I may have made a boo boo when I first emerged the system and it
2 was carried over when I did the emerge world.
3
4 In my Desktop menu on the gnome desktop I have a settings option.
5 Contained in this is Desktop, Document Handlers, Multimedia,
6 Peripherals, File types and programs, and Gnome Control Center. This
7 would generally not be a bad thing, I would think, except every one of
8 these options bring me to a window that says gnome control center, but
9 does not look like the "real" gnome control center that you get when you
10 go to Applications > Settings > Gnome Control Center, which brings up a
11 window titled Desktop Preferences. Searching control-center in porthole
12 I have 2.10.1-r1 installed under slot 2 and 1.4.0.5-r1 installed under
13 slot 1. My guess is that these are conflicting.
14
15 Am I right in guessing this, and if so doesn anyone know how to fix this?
16
17 --Mike S
18 --
19 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list