From: Rajiv Aaron Manglani <rajiv@g.o>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>, Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] installation woes
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:40:16
do you have any apple system cds ? if you install os 8 or higher you
should get netscape. you will need a newer mac os install cd anyway
because you will probably have to repartition your drive, unless you
are adding a second hd.

gentoo does not have a license to redistribute stuffit on the install
cds (though maybe we should get one).

maybe you could copy the needed files from another mac over appleshare?

>I'm not really much of a Mac person (or atleast the OS). I'm trying >to install Gentoo on my PowerMac 7500 that I just got last night. I >have MacOS 7.5.2. It doesn't come with Netscape or BinHex or >anything else useful. I have no way to get BootX, or Netscape, or >StuffIt, or anything like that. I tried downloading the files I >needed on my x86 Gentoo box and burning them to a CD. My Mac just >saw the files as text files. What can I do? >
-- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] installation woes Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>