From: Joe McMahon <mcmahon@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Weird Keyboard problem on a powerbook after install
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:03:30
1 On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Nicky Peeters wrote:
2 > It worked ! I was able to type something usefull for once ;-)
3 > I was able to change the keymap without recompiling my gentoo , you guys
4 > saved me a lot of trouble !
5 When you rebuild your kernel (and you probably want to, really), set
6 things up like this:
7
8 in "Input core support": (these are the defaults, but check them)
9 <*> Input core support
10 <*> Keyboard support
11 <*> Mouse support
12 (1024) Horizontal screen resolution
13 (768) Vertical screen resolution
14 < > Joystick support
15 <*> Event interface support
16
17 in "Macintosh Device Drivers":
18 [*] Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) support
19 [ ] Include MacIO (CHRP) ADB driver <- doesn't matter
20 [*] Use input layer for ADB devices
21 [ ] Support for ADB raw keycodes <- turn this OFF
22 [*] Support for mouse button 2+3 emulation
23
24 This way, you'll still be able to you /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid to emulate
25 buttons 2 and 3, but you won't have to specify
26 keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 at boot.
27
28 --- Joe M.