From: Joe McMahon <mcmahon@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Weird Keyboard problem on a powerbook after install
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:03:30
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Nicky Peeters wrote:
> It worked ! I was able to type something usefull for once ;-) > I was able to change the keymap without recompiling my gentoo , you guys > saved me a lot of trouble !
When you rebuild your kernel (and you probably want to, really), set things up like this: in "Input core support": (these are the defaults, but check them) <*> Input core support <*> Keyboard support <*> Mouse support (1024) Horizontal screen resolution (768) Vertical screen resolution < > Joystick support <*> Event interface support in "Macintosh Device Drivers": [*] Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) support [ ] Include MacIO (CHRP) ADB driver <- doesn't matter [*] Use input layer for ADB devices [ ] Support for ADB raw keycodes <- turn this OFF [*] Support for mouse button 2+3 emulation This way, you'll still be able to you /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid to emulate buttons 2 and 3, but you won't have to specify keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 at boot. --- Joe M.