From: "Joao F. Serejo" <lx90@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] iBook2+Airport on diferent LAN settings
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:15:08
1 Hi all,
2
3 Is there any way in PPC architecture to adapt (on a iBook2.2 & Airport Card)
4 something like x86 wireless netowrk LAN environments to instrcut the computer
5 in wich configuration set's he is standig ? In x86 we can use :
6
7 /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts and /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
8
9 files to define multiple schemes in these files (call one "work", and
10 another "home" for example). Defining as many schemes as we like and to
11 change between these scheemes make use of command line like:
12
13 cardctl scheme home
14
15 This will automatically change all of network and radio settings
16 to match the scheme we request, and even remembers the last scheme we used
17 between reboots, so the machine will automatically start up with the last
18 settings we used.
19
20 Thank's in advanced.
23 /* Sincerely, Joao Serejo, <lx90@×××××××.pt>, Lisbon - Portugal */