From: Stuart Mathews <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 06:25:31
1 Oops spelling mistake :
2
3 #rc-update del apache default
4
5 this is to remove apache reference to your default init script, not
6 postfix as i originally posted (dangers of copy/paste google!)
9 Quoting "Stuart Mathews" <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>:
10
11 > Mark Knecht wrote:
12 >> Hi all,
13 >> I need to actually learn a little Gentoo stuff. Thanks in advance.
14 >>
15 >> On my wife's machine there's an error message at boot time which says
16 >>
17 >> /etc/init.d/apache2 missing
18 >>
19 >> or something to that effect. Now I think I installed apache2 a long
20 >> time ago looking at some mythtv option but that's no longer used and
21 >> apache isn't on the system. However she gets this message at boot
22 >> time.
23 >>
24 >> Searching around I didn't see anything obvious about why this
25 >> happens. There's nothing sowing up with rc-update. However there is a
26 >> file
27 >>
28 >> /etc/runlevels/default/apache2
29 >>
30 >> which I suspect is involved. Is it? Is it left over from some earlier
31 >> ebuild that didn't remove it? Can I remove it by hand and fix things
32 >> or is there some better tool for keeping this part of the machine
33 >> happy and healthy?
34 >>
35 >> Thanks,
36 >> Mark
37 >>
38 > I broke my ibook with Gentoo a while back, so I can't test this out
39 > for you but have you tried to reinstall apache and then uninstall it
40 > cleanly?
41 >
42 > It looks like you have an entry in your default startup init script
43 > that looks for the apache init script and it cant find it ...
44 > try this to remove this reference :
45 >
46 > #rc-update del postfix default
47 >
48 > Kind regards,
49 >
50 > Stu
58 Kind regards,
59
60 Stuart
61
62 Kind regards,
63
64 Stuart Mathews | Mobile: +4478 15 16 1846 | DDI: +44208 543 4015 |
65 http://www.stuartmathews.com | skype id : stumathews