From: Stuart Mathews <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 06:25:31
Oops spelling mistake :

#rc-update del apache default

this is to remove apache reference to your default init script, not
postfix as i originally posted (dangers of copy/paste google!)

Quoting "Stuart Mathews" <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>:

> Mark Knecht wrote: >> Hi all, >> I need to actually learn a little Gentoo stuff. Thanks in advance. >> >> On my wife's machine there's an error message at boot time which says >> >> /etc/init.d/apache2 missing >> >> or something to that effect. Now I think I installed apache2 a long >> time ago looking at some mythtv option but that's no longer used and >> apache isn't on the system. However she gets this message at boot >> time. >> >> Searching around I didn't see anything obvious about why this >> happens. There's nothing sowing up with rc-update. However there is a >> file >> >> /etc/runlevels/default/apache2 >> >> which I suspect is involved. Is it? Is it left over from some earlier >> ebuild that didn't remove it? Can I remove it by hand and fix things >> or is there some better tool for keeping this part of the machine >> happy and healthy? >> >> Thanks, >> Mark >> > I broke my ibook with Gentoo a while back, so I can't test this out > for you but have you tried to reinstall apache and then uninstall it > cleanly? > > It looks like you have an entry in your default startup init script > that looks for the apache init script and it cant find it ... > try this to remove this reference : > > #rc-update del postfix default > > Kind regards, > > Stu > > > >
Kind regards, Stuart Kind regards, Stuart Mathews | Mobile: +4478 15 16 1846 | DDI: +44208 543 4015 | | skype id : stumathews

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>