From: Markus Moebs <wonderful_spam@×××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] RE: Dual Boot HowTo
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 05:54:55
1 * Sam Halicke <tuscantwelve@×××××.com> [2005-05-02]:
2 > The Airport Extreme also has its caveats that might make one buy a
3 > PCMCIA/USB wireless even under OSX, namely that it will not run in
4 > Active mode under KisMAC,
5
6 AEX cannot be put into _passive_ scanning mode under OSX. This
7 actually was the reason why I bought the dongle. I got frustrated
8 of the whole OS a few weeks later and installed gentoo.
11 > Avoid wlan-ng drivers at all costs. If you get a USB or PCMCIA PRISM2 or
12 > Orinoco based card (there are several, use google), you'll have full
13 > in-kernel support and be able to work with the wireless-tools package.
14
15 The DWL-122 I have _is_ equipped with the prism2 chip and AFAIK it
16 is not supported internally because it is neither a PCMCIA nor a
17 PCI card. I would be glad if you proved me wrong. Actually I have
18 not found any WLAN USB device that is supported by the kernel
19 directly (on the x86 platform many seem to be working with
20 ndiswrapper).
23 :wq
24 --
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list