From: Alex Genna <alex@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Re: Install problems
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:57:11
1 I've got an ibook (firewire-indigo). will gentoo work with this unit?
2 I've been using the gentoo x86 on my desktop for some time but the ppc
3 install has not been so easy?
4
5 I've made several attempts at the install which has not been able to
6 complete the bootstrap.sh scrip. I've used the *.tbz2 image from both the
7 iso's, did a wget for the 1.2 bzipped tarball...Still fails.
8
9 IOError [2] No Such File Or Directory:
10 seem to be looking for directory under, for example
11 /var/tmp/portage/portage-1.9.13-r1/build-info/COUNTER
12 /var/tmp/portage/linux-headers-2.4.18-r2/build-info/COUNTER
13 from the chrooted environment.
14
15 >From tty2 (/mnt/gentoo/)var/tmp/portage/ only has the following directories:
16
17 image
18 temp
19 work
20
21 I thought that the problem have come from wierdness in /etc/make.conf, and
22 have uncommented the suggested "SYNC=" line in the ppc guide also i have and
23 tried running the the bootstrap.sh without modification, a second time after
24 the fist crash, using the old iso, wgetting the latest tarball, with ext3
25 filesystem with xfs filesystem...
26
27 If anyone can help it would be a great help.