From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] X on an older PPC-based Mac Mini?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:37:28
1 Hi,
2 Are there any known issues setting up X with xorgconfig on a older
3 Mac Mini? I've done it more or less like I do on my x86 machines. I
4 can use startx and see things (xterm, xclock, etc.) in 'top' but I
5 only get a black screen. There are no error messages in the X log
6 file. I've tried two monitors. Same results on both.
7
8 In make.cong I've got VIDEO_CARDS="radeon fbdev".
9
10 What about hal? Is that only x86?
11
12 Maybe someone with a similar first round Mac Mini has a known-good
13 config file?
14
15 I'm really a noob on this platform, but have used Gentoo for quite
16 awhile. I'm not sure what info to provide so let me know what you need
17 and I'll get it quickly.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Mark