From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] X on an older PPC-based Mac Mini?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:37:28
   Are there any known issues setting up X with xorgconfig on a older
Mac Mini? I've done it more or less like I do on my x86 machines. I
can use startx and see things (xterm, xclock, etc.) in 'top' but I
only get a black screen. There are no error messages in the X log
file. I've tried two monitors. Same results on both.

   In make.cong I've got VIDEO_CARDS="radeon fbdev".

   What about hal? Is that only x86?

   Maybe someone with a similar first round Mac Mini has a known-good
config file?

   I'm really a noob on this platform, but have used Gentoo for quite
awhile. I'm not sure what info to provide so let me know what you need
and I'll get it quickly.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] X on an older PPC-based Mac Mini? Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>