From: Joerg Gollnick <gentoo102004@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] mounting USB flash disk
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:20:13
Am Sonntag 11 Dezember 2005 17:07 schrieb nova@×××××××××××××.com:
> > I am on a powerbook G4 800mhz and it is > >> plugged into the back of the computer (port 2). Does anyone know how > >> to solve this problem? > >> thanks > >> nick > > > > First, next time, please start a new thread instead of replying to an > > existing one. > > > > That said, you'll have to provide more information. Can you give us the > > kernel messages from dmesg related to the USB stick? Are you sure you > > have USB disk support and generic scsi disk support in your kernel? > > > > -Joe > > -- > > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list > Sorry about replying instead of starting again. > Are there any just-X11 browsers besides links -g that I can use? Whenever > I press the back arrow it goes back and deletes the email I was writing. > > Anyway, the only messages in dmesg (I do not know why) are keypress
> I used to be informative, but now all it has are keypresses... > > I have SCSI support, and USB mass storage (with all sub-options)
Hello Nick, You need modules for SCSI device support, SCSI disk support and please enable 'Probe all LUNs on each SCSI device' as it helps with Multi Card Readers. As long as the USB is hotpluggable, you should install hotplug and udev packages. A good idea is to put the USB Disk in and to have look in dmesg and/or /var/log/messages. Normally I the disk should recognized by the kernel and produce at least some messages. (May be a lsusb show if there is something recognized.) Best regards Joerg -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] mounting USB flash disk nova@×××××××××××××.com