From: Draeven <draeven@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:34:20
1 Charles Trois wrote:
2 Charles,
3
4 Did you do a "rc-update add net.eth0 default" so that the interface is
5 brought up at boot?
6
7 You may also want to take a look at this section of the Gentoo Handbook:
8
9 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=4
10
11 HTH
12
13 Draeven
14
15 > Draeven a écrit :
16 >
17 >> Charles,
18 >>
19 >> Please post the contents of your /etc/conf.d/net
22 > I attach it here.
23 >
24 >> Also, is your NIC driver built into the kernel or a module?
27 > I have no modules at all, everything is in the kernel; lsmod returns an
28 > empty list.
29 >
30 >> If it is modular, you can load it by using coldplug ("emerge
31 >> coldplug") or you can add the module to
32 >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.
35 > I also attach my .config file, just in case.
36 >
37 > Charles
40 >> Charles Trois wrote:
41 >>
42 >>> Matti Bickel a écrit le 11/11/2005
43 >>>
44 >>>> Please check if you compiled support for tmpfs in your kernel. The
45 >>>> option is CONFIG_TMPFS. Do NOT make this a module.
46 >>>>
47 >>>> This is kinda wild guess, but it sounds like you're missing
48 >>>> kernel-support.
49 >>>>
50 >>>
51 >>> Sorry for this late answer. Your guess was quite right and enabled me
52 >>> to get over that error. I then met various little problems that I was
53 >>> able to solve, but there remains a (hopefully) last one.
54 >>>
55 >>> The new error message is:
56 >>> Problem starting needed services
57 >>> "netmount" was not started.
58 >>>
59 >>> /etc/init.d/netmount start gives the same error. eth0 is not brought
60 >>> up and ifconfig lists only lo.
61 >>>
62 >>> What have I done wrong?
63 --