From: Marcio Luis Teixeira <marciot@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: Martin Monsorno <monsorno@×××××××××.de>, gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] How to use special keys on X on german ibook
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 02:41:35
1 Since I don't have an iBook, I can't answer your question directly, I have
2 some experiences getting keys to work with my old 3400c. I used a utility
3 called "xkeycaps" to map keys the way I wanted. The default xkeycaps can be
4 installed on Gentoo by typing "emerge xkeycaps" but it does not have a key
5 layout for any Apple laptops. A while back I had submitted to the list an
6 ebuild file for a different version of "xkeycaps" which had some powerbook
7 models. If you find that message, it had instructions on how to have Gentoo
8 install that version instead.
9
10 If you can't find my message in the archives (I myself no longer have it), you
11 can easily build the software from here:
12
13 http://www.cymes.de/members/joker/projects/xkeycaps/xkeycaps.html
14
15 Again, this may or may not be the appropriate solution for your iBook, but
16 it's worth a look.
17
18 Marcio Luis Teixeira
23 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list