From: Matthew Daubenspeck <matt@××××××××××.org>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Failed installs
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:55:00
1 I have just recently been given a Mac G4 [400mhz] and have
2 unsucessfully tried to install gentoo about a dozen times. I have
3 installed it multiple times on the i386 platform, so I am quite
4 familiar with the process...
5
6 I can get as far as the bootstrapping, and then the entire process
7 fails. The errors range from happening in the first 3 minutes to 2
8 hours into it. I either get "kernel dump errors" or errors dealing
9 with "invalid inodes". I am trying another install so I can get the
10 error message(s) exactly...
11
12 I tried new RAM, a new hard drive, and a new cd, all with the same
13 results.