From: Matti Bickel <kabel@××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:13:18
Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr> wrote:
> Joseph Jezak a écrit : > >You're probably using an Apple partitioning scheme. In order to read > >from Apple partitions, you'll need to have support for that in your > >kernel. Turn on: CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED and CONFIG_MAC_PARTITION. > >In the future, to make kernel configuration more simple, you should > >do a "make defconfig" before configuration. This ensures that you > >have sane defaults set. > Thank you. I changed the options as you suggest. The boot process goes > now a little bit further, but it stops on an error of a new type: > > Mounting /dev for udev > The "mount" command failed with error: > wrong fstype, bad option, bad superblock on udev, or too many mounted file systems
Please check if you compiled support for tmpfs in your kernel. The option is CONFIG_TMPFS. Do NOT make this a module. This is kinda wild guess, but it sounds like you're missing kernel-support. Wishes, Matti -- Today is a good day to bribe a high-ranking public official.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>