From: nova@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problem with powerbook G4 solved
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:16:54
1 >> route add default gw 10.0.1.1 dev eth0
2 > it works! I am cueently emailing from links -g over airport!
3 > Thank you everyone so much for your support. Gentoo is so much nicer
4 > than every other desktop Linux for 2 reasons (maybe more): 1) emerge,
5 > and 2) great mailing lists :-)
6 > I am currently downloading KDE to enjoy graphical support, because GNOME
7 > was failing horribly. Until then, I guess some xterms, a xcalc,
8 > xconsole, and links -g will have to do...
9 > thanks
10 > nick
14 > --
15 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list
16 OK, I installed KDE because GNOME failed, and I can get it to amke it all
17 the way to booting up, but there is an error with DCOP and it does not
18 finish booting. Hald never starts because of the same error with dcop.
19 here are some files with the errors: X also complains about not having a
20 radeon module, so I recompiled the kernel with radeon as a module with no
21 luck. I also have a problem in that I cannot connect to the internet over
22 Airport with my Ethernet eth0 modules loaded. This is ok as I just wrote a
23 couple simple scripts that configure airport or ethnet connection, but it
24 would be nice to have both on at the same time. Any ideas?
25 thanks
26 nick

haldstarterror.txt text/plain
errorsKDE.txt text/plain