From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Missing modules after kernel upgrade
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:04:23
1 Hi
2
3 On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 09:23:36PM -0600, darren kirby wrote:
4 > So I have my answer. It raises another question though: Am I the only one who
5 > has modules go AWOL when doing "make vmlinux && make modules_install". If so,
6 > why?
7
8 Most proably the "modules" target isn't a dependency of vmlinux. "make
9 vmlinux modules && make modules_install" should do it if you want
10 (untested). However, "make && make modules_install" makes sure
11 everything needed is built.
12
13 Greets,
14 Michael