From: Martin Monsorno <Martin.Monsorno@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] How to use special keys on X on german ibook
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:50:20
1 Martin Monsorno <monsorno@×××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Hi *,
4 >
5 > I read many tips for this, but couldn't achieve to type a '~' or a '@'
6 > on my ibook. For the console, I followed the instructions on
7 > http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/keyboard_german.shtml,
8 > which worked quite well. For X, it didn't work.
9 >
10 > When starting X with 'startx', I get the error message "Couldn't load
11 > XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap". The hint in the PPC-FAQ
12 > doesn't help: /var/tmp has the file permissions "drwxrwxrwt" (btw:
13 > what does the "t" mean?), changing them to "drwxrwxrwx" doesn't change
14 > anything.
15 >
16 > How do you type a '@' on your ibook in X?
17
18 Nothing has happened since then ...
19
20 Thanks to Marcio for his suggestions, but sadly I was not successful
21 with xkeycaps to map the Apple-command key to AltGr, whats what I did
22 with the console.
23
24 Any more suggestions?
25
26 Or am I the only non-US-keyboard-ibook-Gentoo-X user?
29 Martin
32 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list