From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] $PATH?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:18:32
ok I am stumped as to where the $PATH is set.  I know in OSX I just
added a ~/.profile and every time I opened the terminal that would be
read and I could export environmental variables there.  however I tried
that here, and the file didn't seem to do anything.  I open a new
terminal and the $PATH is still the same as before.

The reason I am trying this is because I just installed limewire, and
the java in /opt/ibm-jre-bin-1.4.2 is not in my path.  So when I open
limewire it can't find the "java" command, which, again, is in

I could make a bunch of symlinks of the java-bin/bin stuff to
/usr/local/bin I suppose, but that seems like a lot more work than
necessary.  Why that wasn't done in the emerge process I have no idea.
Checking my PATH it has changed quit a bit as I install new stuff so I
know some things are changing this.

--Mike S
gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list