From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] $PATH?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:18:32
1 ok I am stumped as to where the $PATH is set. I know in OSX I just
2 added a ~/.profile and every time I opened the terminal that would be
3 read and I could export environmental variables there. however I tried
4 that here, and the file didn't seem to do anything. I open a new
5 terminal and the $PATH is still the same as before.
6
7 The reason I am trying this is because I just installed limewire, and
8 the java in /opt/ibm-jre-bin-1.4.2 is not in my path. So when I open
9 limewire it can't find the "java" command, which, again, is in
10 /opt/ibm-jre-bin-1.4.2/bin.
11
12 I could make a bunch of symlinks of the java-bin/bin stuff to
13 /usr/local/bin I suppose, but that seems like a lot more work than
14 necessary. Why that wasn't done in the emerge process I have no idea.
15 Checking my PATH it has changed quit a bit as I install new stuff so I
16 know some things are changing this.
17
18 --Mike S
19 --