From: Bryn Hughes <linux@×××××××.ca>
To: will@××××××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xinetd crashes after connection exits
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:52:40
1 On Feb 28, 2004, at 12:57 AM, Will Riley wrote:
2
3 >> Sorry, I thought repeating the bug report was a bit redundant.
4 >
5 > It is, but nice nonetheless. I'm very lazy. ;)
6 >
7 >> But
8 >> here you are:
9 >> Running on ~ppc
10 >>
11 >> Bugzilla Bug 42835
12 >> xinetd-2.3.13 hangs with amanda 2.4.4-r3
13 >
14 > Well there's 2 immediate differences between our setups, and I'm
15 > disinclined to think that architecture is an issue cause I've run
16 > amanda
17 > on ppc as well (2.4.3 I think)., and never raced xinetd. I'm on x86
18 > now,
19 > using xinetd-2.3.13 like you, but not using the ebuild. Not to be
20 > presumptuous, but have you tried doing a manual installation? It was a
21 > major pain the first few times, but I can show my configs if you want
23 > try that route. I have no idea whether that will fix your issue but it
24 > might be worth a go. Been running amanda 2.4.3 for a long while, 2.4.4
25 > recently.
26
27 I get exactly the same results with a manual build as I do with the
28 ebuild. Just gave it a try again to be sure, I still get the same race
29 condition. I also tried building amanda manually, didn't help the
30 situation either. I've run amanda and xinetd together before on ppc
31 but not under gentoo... I have them running together happily on an x86
32 box sitting right next to the 'problem' server too. I'm starting to
33 wonder if there's a problem with some dependancy of xinetd now. <sigh>
34
35 Bryn
39 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list