From: "mauricio hernàndez" <mhz@××××××.cl>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] OldWorld Instalation ok, but at reboot, unable to mount root fs
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:12:38
1 Please, could any body with OldWolrd PowerBook (mine is 1st term 1999) tell me how
2 he/she could get Gentoo booting correctly after installation and with kernel 2.6.7?
3
4 Please, I documented everything I did (90% as Handbook, and when I did 100% as
5 Handbook, I couldn't install successfuly). I can also provide the .config file if needed to check
6 what I did wrong.
7 But please, I really need to work using this machine before monday and I have already spent
8 3 days with no cool results.
9
10 Anything that makes this box work! I have installed Gentoo , YellowDog, Mandrake and
11 Debian in 7 different NewWorlds iMacs and iBooks with no problems at all, but Gentoo in
12 this Oldworld is getting to my nerves.
13
14 (I even offer to document it in a Wiki style both in english and spanish if I ever get it to work)
15
16 I apologize for the "tone of writing" but I am kind of frustrated, annoyed with myself for not
17 getting the source of the problem (and 'coz my knowledge of hardware is still tending to
18 zero), and desesperated because I've spent SO MANY days for something that is still not
19 useful and should have taken just a couple of hours.
20
21 Thank you very much for your understanding.
22
23 Best regards from Chile,
24
25 MHZ
26
27 << Liberty is the freedom to choose, and freedom is the result of the right choice >>
28
29 ID #287183
30 http://counter.li.org/index.html
34 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list