From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Proposition - Gentoo 2007.1
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:12:23
1 On Monday, 29 October 2007 at 09:43:22 am, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
2 > Also, we don't know when this is due; its not indicated in the email so we
3 > could ask to see if this is an early request or an immediate request.
4
5 Hi ,
6
7 I exchanged a few mails with Sonny Gaviola, and here are the details:
8
9 - The Gentoo Linux 2007.1 edition would be for the French version of the Linux
10 Identity Magazine, so all articles would obviously be in French.
11
12 - They would like to coordinate the publication of their Gentoo Linux 2007.1
13 magazine edition with the release of Gentoo 2007.1. Ideally, the articles
14 would need to be ready three weeks before our release. However, it would also
15 be acceptable for the magazine to be published a few weeks after our release.
16
17 - The contents would need to be original and 2007.1 oriented.
18
19 I am interested in helping out (writing, translating, reviewing articles), and
20 would appreciate if the PR-team was involved. Also, those interested in
21 contributing would need to be informed of the planned release date to set up
22 deadlines for articles. Since December is around the corner, I also wonder if
23 there will be a 2007.1 at all. Without any release plan information
24 available, I am reluctant to commit myself further.
25
26 Kind regards,
27
28 Olivier