From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] LWE flyers
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:28:22
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 00:54 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
> 403, please change the permissions.
fixed.. my apologies
> Think about handing out CDs for 3$ each. If you produce > them at the booth (as we do), you don't have leftovers and > you you have also the flyers refinanced.
there are a lot of problems with this.. Anytime we have done cd's at LWE they have never met the demand (LWE-SF has an attendance of about 6,000+ people). Also it is illegal to "sell" anything, although you can request a donation. It was a pita one year when we had a spindle of each arch pre-burned and people were taking one of each arch without giving a donation. This is why I'd rather focus on literature... 200 people could walk away with cds or 2500 people could walk away with literature. I've also found that most of the people grabbing for the CD's were gentoo users to begin with, looking for a souvenir, so in that case it is not reaching a potential user either. As for burning cds on the floor, we have a 10 foot by 10 foot booth, so space for demos is limited as it is, making room for a cd burner would be tough.. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I am against giving out CDs. I would rather do it where we could get 1,000 cds professionally printed ahead of time and hand them out, assuring that most of the people who want them get them. This takes quite a bit of money. I could see it happening in the future as the Foundation makes more money (revenue from the store, etc), and have printed CDs at all events, but not this year. Cheers! -Corey -- gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-pr] LWE flyers Reuben Finch <reuben.finch@××××××××××.com>