From: Eric G Ortego <ericortego@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] 0-day ebuilds
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:30:09
1 The front page should fun to go to. Currently I only go to see if the
2 GWN is out yet.
3
4 I would like to see a section on ( besides in the Changelog) the
5 changes made to portage. And other things Gentoo specific. Things like
6 -U being depreciated, -a being added , /var/cache/edb/virtuals not
7 being used, a new tool in gentoolkit, etc, etc... Mabe things like
8 /var/cache/edb/virtuals is a bit too much for a regular user but some
9 of the additions and improvements go unnoticed(by me) for months.
10 I Also think most any news on the progress or direction and (re)focus
11 of diffrent gentoo projects would be front page worthy. We all know
12 gentoo is a great project but I ask, What's New? Whats next? and How
13 can we be first?
14
15 0-day ebuilds sounds nice, but I don't see it bringing me to the front
16 page often.
17 Its a nice toot yer own horn and worthy of an RSS feed.
20 On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:26:11 -0700, Donnie Berkholz