From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: David Abbott (dabbott)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:13:16
Roy Bamford wrote:
> On 2009.07.16 17:34, Denis Dupeyron wrote: >> It's my pleasure to introduce long-time contributor David Abbott >> (dabbott) as a new staff developer. You probably know him already for >> his famous LinuxCrazy podcasts. He is going to work in the PR >> project, and it looks like his first assignment is the 10-year >> anniversary. > > Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end. > Welcome to the team! >
Thanks Roy, I put this [0] together and contacted drobbins and he gave his blessings. I have been told it should be moved to the main site in /pr, could be your first mentoring Roy as I don't have a clue, jmbvicetto also said he would help if that is what is decided. My idea to generate interest in the big event is to have a screenshot contest [1] to compare the desktops of old to the current desktops. It was also suggested that an alias email address should be set up for submissions. On the Podcast front, I have a group of very willing :) developers that just can't wait to be interviewed. rbu has given me some pointers on doing a more professional screencast and I have been working on that, I have been getting requests for a screencast on audacity and recordmydesktop, so I will put that together. I started a page [2] to put all the Gentoo related media in one place, it is easy to keep updated and also add new sections. I have been doing my own xml for feeds so I seem to be able to catch on pretty well to GuideXML, and in the future would like to help out the documentation project, may come a time when a developer would like someone to put their text files / notes into GuideXML. -david [0] [1] [2]