From: Daniel Herzog <portage@×××.de>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] logo reuse
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:30:58
So, when i understood correctly, the "owner" of the G-logo
and "Gentoo" etc is at the moment changing from D. Robbins
to the foundation.
Because of this there are some unclear points untill everything
got done, and discussed.
And thitherto i cannot do anything besides waiting.
Right? (I'm not best when i comes to legal stuff...)

> > Aaron's logo is a modification of the G-logo with the trademarked "Gentoo" > name. Modified or not, it remains property of Daniel (well, Gentoo > Technologies, Inc.). > > Even if you would "fight" this (hypothetically :) you should also need to > know that the copyright of all artwork and stuff that Aaron submitted has > been handed over to the Gentoo Foundation (this was one of the requirements > of the designs). > > Wkr, > Sven Vermeulen >
-- gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pr] logo reuse Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>