From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] releng release schedule
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:19:43
Here is the schedule for release. At 1200 UTC Wednesday April 28th,
releng is going to flip the switch that makes the release become
visible. Five hours later, we can release the press release to all of
the major newssites. Swift did that last time, so if he wants to do it
again, it is ok with me :) Unless you hear from me directly, this
schedule is not going to change (pray OSU does not burn down or

April 28th, 1200 UTC: release goes live on mirrors
April 28th, 5000 UTC: press release goes out

I have attached the final press release.

John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

GnuPG Public Key: <>
Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338  FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47

File name MIME type
2004.1_release.txt text/plain
signature.asc application/pgp-signature