From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Gentoo Presentation
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:21:28
On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 06:31:04PM -0500, Simon P. Hough wrote:
> Excellent presentation, I think leaving the main headings to the author > of the presentation would still > be a good thing keeping the font ofcourse (Steelfish font, available at >
With main heading you mean the word "community"?
> So, you want more backgrounds?:)
Yes :) As you can see I use four main subjects: - History - Metadistribution - Community - Organisation The "Metadistribution" has -- Portage -- Init Scripts -- Installation Choices -- Rapid Development -- Learn If you would be able to make backgrounds for these themes I believe most subjects that can rise in a presentation (generally) are discussed.
> BTW How does one get thier own dev space?:) I just have a limited amount > here with my ISP.
To have dev space you need to become a developer. To become a developer you need to continuously make considerable contributions to the Gentoo project. If you're interested in becoming a developer, just contact me off-list :) If you just need space, I'm sure another solution can be found.
> Whats next on the agenda after the backgrounds?
Good question. I was thinking about having a document online on how to make decent presentations. There are many rules to this so it would be nice if we can sum those up. This would also include how to act properly during the presentations. Another thing would be to have "official" presentations online (I am hoping for magicpoint because it is easily added to CVS and very small :). To be more precise, I hope that some of the aspects of the Gentoo project are available as presentations (in cooperation with the projects). For instance a presentation on "The Gentoo Hardened Project". These presentations can then be used by interested developers to give a presentation on the subject in their local LUG or at some free software conference. Non-presentation related, but still interesting, is to have a design out which can be printed as hand-outs for distribution on events, or even a press map in case a presentation is made at a more official conference. That's a bit of the things that are on my mind. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good. (oo) Sven Vermeulen (__) Documentation & PR

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pr] Gentoo Presentation "Simon P. Hough" <shough@×××××××××.net>
[gentoo-pr] More backgrounds.... "Simon P. Hough" <shough@×××××××××.net>