From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
Cc: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>, gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: David Abbott (dabbott)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:17:07
On Saturday 18 July 2009, David Abbott wrote:
> Roy Bamford wrote: > > On 2009.07.16 17:34, Denis Dupeyron wrote: > >> It's my pleasure to introduce long-time contributor David Abbott > >> (dabbott) as a new staff developer. You probably know him already > >> for his famous LinuxCrazy podcasts. He is going to work in the PR > >> project, and it looks like his first assignment is the 10-year > >> anniversary. > > > > Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end. > > Welcome to the team! > > Thanks Roy, > > I put this [0] together and contacted drobbins and he gave his > blessings. I have been told it should be moved to the main site in > /pr, could be your first mentoring Roy as I don't have a clue, > jmbvicetto also said he would help if that is what is decided.
Looks good. Some thoughts: * It would be great if the screen shots would state versions at least of the desktop environment and a date it was taken. I know nothing about what version each is, but there are two dates at least: XFCE 2002-04-07/08 and KDE on 2002-04-14. * The chronology title should show that it is a chronology of early Gentoo history. Reading it today it seems to say "nothing happened in Gentoo since 2002" * The "introduction" could give a little more background. The important thing here is that Gentoo is turning 10. For the last ten years, we're committed to bringing an cutting edge source based distro to users that need more flexibility than binary packages can give them. How the exact date of celebration was agreed on should be secondary in there IMO. ...
> I started a page [2] to > put all the Gentoo related media in one place, it is easy to keep > updated and also add new sections.
Cool page! Please do not use <th> for table content, it ends up all blue. I think <ti> is for content? You could also add the radiotux interviews (in German) of dertobi123: Robert