From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Fwd: Proposition - Gentoo 2007.1
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:47:22
1 Hi,
2
3 I received the following message a few days ago; I forwarded it to
4 pr@g.o but received no answer, so I am sending it again on the mailing
5 list. Since it is in French and I have no idea whether someone in our PR team
6 understands French, I am also including a translation.
7
8 This might be an opportunity to further Gentoo's visibility, but I wonder if
9 it is realistic for us to write 36 pages of 2007.1 related material. Maybe we
10 can reuse some of our online documentation? I also wonder if the articles
11 have to be written in French, as the magazine has both English and French
12 versions. We probably want to know before asking the devs for articles.
13
14 I will let you PR-monkeys deal with this, but I might be interested in
15 contributing something, especially if the articles are in French. I suppose
16 you can mail Sonny Gaviola in English, but if you ever need a French-speaking
17 person, feel free to contact me. (I sent a mail to Sonny Gaviola telling him
18 I forwarded his request to our PR-team.)
19
20 Kind regards,
21
22 Olivier
23
24 ----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
25
26 Subjet: Proposition - Gentoo 2007.1
27 Date: Tuesday, 23 October 2007
28 From: Sonny Gaviola <cooperation@××××××××.com>
29 To: ribosome@g.o
30
31 Monsieur,
32
33 Je m'appelle Sonny Gaviola et je travaille pour le magazine Linux
34 Identity www.linuxidentity.com.
35
36 Je voudrais vous proposer l'écriture d'articles au sujet de Gentoo
37 Linux, la version 2007.1 pour le magazine comptant 36 pages.
38
39 Les sujets à traiter sont les suivants :
40
41 1. Intro/éditorial (1 page) + Table des matières (1 page)
42
43 2. Description du contenu des DVD (2-4 pages)
44         - DVD 1 - disque d'installation bootable, version 32 bits
45         - DVD 2 - disque d'installation bootable, version 64 bits
46
47 3. Installation de Gentoo 2007.1 (5-8 pages)
48
49 4. Configuration du système (5-8 pages)
50
51 5. FAQ - les questions les plus souvent posées, Où chercher de l'aide ?
52 (4-6 pages)
53
54 6. Trois articles pratiques (4-6 pages) - par exemple : Les applications
55 les plus intéressantes sous Gentoo 2007.1, Trucs et astuces, Logiciels
56 complémentaires, Environnements du bureau, Mise à jour des applications
57 sous Gentoo 2007.1, etc.
58
59 Une page publiée comprend environ 4000 caractères en Open Office + 2
60 captures d'écran.
61
62 Je reste à votre disposition pour toute question complémentaire.
63
64 Dans l'attente de vous lire, je vous adresse mes sincères salutations.
65
66 Sonny Gaviola
67 --
68 Rédaction de Linux Identity
69 OXY Press LLC
70
71 ----------  Forwarded Message Translation  ----------
72
73 Sir,
74
75 My name is Sonny Gaviola and I work for the Linux Identity magazine
76 (www.linuxidentity.com).
77
78 I am making a proposal for you to write articles for an edition of our
79 magazine (36 pages) dedicated to Gentoo Linux, version 2007.1.
80
81 Topics would be as follow:
82
83 1. Introduction/Editorial (1 page) and Table of Contents (1 page)
84
85 2. DVD contents description (2-4 pages)
86         - DVD 1 - Bootable install disc, 32 bits version
87         - DVD 2 - Bootable install disc, 64 bits version
88
89 3. Installing Gentoo 2007.1 (5-8 pages)
90
91 4. System Configuration (5-8 pages)
92
93 5. FAQ and where to find help (4-6 pages)
94
95 6. Three articles on practical topics (4-6 pages); examples: most interesting
96 applications working under Gentoo 2007.1, tips and tricks, complementary
97 software, desktop environments, keeping one's system up to date.
98
99 One page is roughly 4000 characters in OpenOffice and 2 screen captures.
100
101 Hoping to read you soon, I send you my sincere greetings.
102
103 Sonny Gaviola
104 --
105 Linux Identity Redaction Team