From: Susan Glennow <sglennow@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] deal w/ VMWare
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:43:33
1 Just an FYI - I'm actually in the process of wrestling VMWare Workstation
2 4 into our pre-prod Gentoo box, so far it has been a challenge to just
3 have Gentoo install on the latest hardware (asus p4p800, 1Gb, 160Gb sata,
4 liteon cdrw/dvd), let alone modify VM to our corporate specs.
5
6 Did they mention the SMP plugin?
7
8 Susan
11 > Sven's other email reminded me that I wanted to post this...
12 >
13 > VMWare will be donating a license of GSX Server to the Gentoo Linux
14 > project to help us in development. In return, we'll be writing up a
15 > case study on how we use it, etc. and so on. which VMWare will use and
16 > promote on their web site.
17 >
18 > This is actually a great deal for us because we get a fantastic piece of
19 > software for free *and* we get promoted ona web site of a company that
20 > sells almost exclusively to corporate/enterprise environments.
21
22 > --kurt
28 gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list