From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Upcoming portage release statement
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:59:33
Hi all

When Portage 2.0.51 hits the world I will be adding a news item to It's main text is:

The Gentoo Portage team is proud to present Portage version 2.0.51 to the
world! Changes include improved support for cascading profiles, dynamic
handling of virtuals, rebuilding on USE-flag changes, gpg verification
and more.

It's content, when people click on "Read more" (or whatever it is called,
need to check our website xsl :) is available at

I would appreciate feedback on it. It's still a long way before it'll get
published but I want it to be ready in the pipeline :)

I also hope to be able to put out more news on so people see we
aren't sitting on our lazy butts doing nothing...

      Sven Vermeulen

 ^__^   And Larry saw that it was Good.
 (oo)                                      Sven Vermeulen
 (__)              Documentation & PR

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pr] Upcoming portage release statement John Davis <zhen@g.o>