From: "Simon P. Hough" <shough@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Theory on Poster(s),size info, printer friendly.
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 04:22:41
1 Everyone should/do contribute. What I am saying is that if the visual media
2 is going to promote Gentoo to a large audience I personally feel it should
3 stick
4 to a few guidelines to keep the identity of Gentoo. Eventually I feel there
5 should be like a "fan pack" where people can put pieces togther for a
6 meeting/
7 presentation..By fan pack I mean the sort of thing you find when you go to
8 an official game website for instance, they usually have a zipped up file
9 that
10 contains loads of images for you to assemble and use in your webpage or LAN
11 party posters... That pack insures that the style portrayed throughout
12 the game is kept, so its identity is kept intact.
13
14 Cheers
15 Si
19 > Just wondering if such things as poster design and creation of other
20 visual media is something open only to the PR team, of if there is room for,
21 at a minimum, submissions from users/community members who are not devs?
22 >
23 > Bob
24 > Neuros
28 gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list