From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Heating up
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:42:19
1 Hi all,
2
3 Time to heat up things. The next Gentoo release (2004.1) is tentatively set
4 to April 28th. That gives us about 1 month to prepare a possible PR-rundown
5 on the release.
6
7 What do I mean with this?
8
9 1) Find the 2004.0 PR issues
10 - What (if anything) went wrong and how to make sure it doesn't happen
11 again?
12 - What didn't we do?
13 2) List the 2004.1 PR opportunities
14 - What can we do to promote 2004.1?
15 3) Write up a roadmap for the release (PR-wise)
16
17 We need to think about how we can promote the 2004.1 release to the outside
18 world. In 2004.0, this was done through John's release mail. In 2004.1, the
19 release mail by itself won't be sufficient, especially since 2004.1 will
20 be a maintenance release rather than a release with hundreds of new
21 features. It is therefore vital to have a general idea on Gentoo's benefits.
22
23 We all know why we opt for Gentoo, why not let the world know it too? I'm
24 personally planning on skimming through the various postings on our forums
25 ("Gentoo Chat" is a nice source), write up an article and see if I can get
26 it published around (or right after) 2004.1.
27
28 Are there ideas that pop up your mind that can help Gentoo PR-wise? Speak up!
29
30 Wkr,
31 Sven Vermeulen
34 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.