From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Presentation Templates
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:43:43
1 Hi all,
2
3 With Gentoo crowding events around the globe, some developers are asking for
4 pre-made presentations or presentation templates. Layouting presentations
5 isn't that difficult (graphical wizz's can make a very decent graphical
6 layout in a few hours given all the necessary artwork) but structuring is.
7
8 One most-important template would be (imho) the presentation of a Gentoo
9 Project (sub)project. For instance, the Gentoo Installer Project would most
10 likely want to present the development efforts on the Gentoo Installer.
11 The Gentoo Documentation Project might want to cover the translation
12 efforts. The Gentoo Infrastructure Project might want to cover the website
13 redesign.
14
15 To start off with a possible structure for this kind of presentation, I was
16 thinking on something along the following:
17
18 1. Front
19 2. Overview
20 3. Introduction
21 4. Goals & Objectives
22 5. Development Process
23 6. Used Technologies
24 7. Current Status
25 8. Future Development
26 9. Q&A
27
28 I've made an example with this structure and put it online at
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/project-show.pdf
30
31 This presentation covers the GDP Documentation Development. Brief and
32 without real further thinking (no real presentation that I've given) but
33 shows the idea.
34
35 Do we want to persue this (template content) or should we focus on the
36 layout instead (i.e. trust developers that they have sufficient knowledge on
37 building presentations)?
38
39 Same goes for handouts though.
42 Documentation & PR project leader