From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pr] Presentation Templates
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:43:43
Hi all,

With Gentoo crowding events around the globe, some developers are asking for
pre-made presentations or presentation templates. Layouting presentations
isn't that difficult (graphical wizz's can make a very decent graphical
layout in a few hours given all the necessary artwork) but structuring is.

One most-important template would be (imho) the presentation of a Gentoo
Project (sub)project. For instance, the Gentoo Installer Project would most
likely want to present the development efforts on the Gentoo Installer.
The Gentoo Documentation Project might want to cover the translation
efforts. The Gentoo Infrastructure Project might want to cover the website

To start off with a possible structure for this kind of presentation, I was
thinking on something along the following:

1. Front
2. Overview
3. Introduction
4. Goals & Objectives
5. Development Process
6. Used Technologies
7. Current Status
8. Future Development
9. Q&A

I've made an example with this structure and put it online at

This presentation covers the GDP Documentation Development. Brief and
without real further thinking (no real presentation that I've given) but
shows the idea.

Do we want to persue this (template content) or should we focus on the
layout instead (i.e. trust developers that they have sufficient knowledge on
building presentations)?

Same goes for handouts though.

  Documentation & PR project leader

  The Gentoo Project   <<< >>>