From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Does our TSHIRT breake the Logo Usage Guideline?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:03:05
1 On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:55:42AM +0100, Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin wrote:
2 > The only doubt that remains is if even the "gentoo" text as written in the header of our site (http://www.gechi.it) breaks the gentoo guidelines, in other words if the "gentoo" text written with _that font_ is part of the gentoo logo (really similar to the one used on the gentoo site, but with a freefont as long as I've inspected).
3
4 Nono, the font doesn't matter.
5
6 > Last, I wanted to donate some of my artworks, for printing purposes (posters I've already linked here, if you want I can reply) to the Gentoo Foundation, and let them be selled on gentoo store, what to do in this case? And what -if this happens (I hope so)- if we want to sell them too?
7
8 Depends on the artwork I guess.. if it doesn't contain any copyrighted
9 material (except your own) you're free to do whatever you like. If it
10 contains Gentoo copyrighted stuff, you'll need to ask the
11 trustees@g.o, but there is currently no agreement (nor discussion)
12 about licensing.
13
14 > By the way, I really hope the modifications you suggested will be soon
15 > applied, I appreciate this.
16
17 They probably will :)
18