From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Does our TSHIRT breake the Logo Usage Guideline?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:03:05
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:55:42AM +0100, Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin wrote:
> The only doubt that remains is if even the "gentoo" text as written in the header of our site ( breaks the gentoo guidelines, in other words if the "gentoo" text written with _that font_ is part of the gentoo logo (really similar to the one used on the gentoo site, but with a freefont as long as I've inspected).
Nono, the font doesn't matter.
> Last, I wanted to donate some of my artworks, for printing purposes (posters I've already linked here, if you want I can reply) to the Gentoo Foundation, and let them be selled on gentoo store, what to do in this case? And what -if this happens (I hope so)- if we want to sell them too?
Depends on the artwork I guess.. if it doesn't contain any copyrighted material (except your own) you're free to do whatever you like. If it contains Gentoo copyrighted stuff, you'll need to ask the trustees@g.o, but there is currently no agreement (nor discussion) about licensing.
> By the way, I really hope the modifications you suggested will be soon > applied, I appreciate this.
They probably will :) Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Gentoo Foundation Trustee | Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | Gentoo Council Member The Gentoo Project <<< >>>

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-pr] Does our TSHIRT breake the Logo Usage Guideline? Reuben Finch <reuben.finch@××××××××××.com>